Saturday, May 8, 2010

What A Journey!!!!

My apologies for the time that's passed since my last post. Life always gets incredibly hectic at the end of the semester. There's projects and papers due, finals to study for, friends to enjoy before graduation, etc.. So far I know I have at least one A...now we just wait to see how Psych Ethics/Philosophy of Science turns out (yes, 2 classes in one). Now it's time to sit back and enjoy 2 months of summer before my summer classes start in July.

Ah summer....there's so much going on, and yet it's really more like nothing's going on. Tomorrow is a great day for all of us: Mother's Day. My family's a little different from most. My mom's cool as hell. She was the one pushing me out of the nest when I first got to college. She's the one who took me for an x-ray when I broke my ankle and was too scared to tell my dad. She's the one who stood by me in court when an evil man tried to do an evil thing. We've had our moments when we don't get along or see eye to eye. In a lot of ways we are completely different, and I'm pretty convinced that my little sister is her favorite for that reason. Even so, I know she loves me and would do anything for me. It's harder to do special things for her on Mother's Day, but tomorrow is my chance to let her know that I love her and am grateful that she's my mom. Thank you, God, for blessing me with my mom. You are the One who picked her for me, and I have been truly blessed for it.

The second part of this summer is probably the hardest. See, the only thing I've done each summer since coming to college is work at the same Church camp. It was where I went to camp in grade school, and has been a special place to me for a long time. That was the reason I went to court...to take a stand for that place and what it means to people no matter the cost. I realized this morning that this is the first summer in 5 years that I won't be there. You can't imagine the weight that is on me. It's hard to count the number of friends I've made there, the blessings, the battle scars...each day was an adventure there. It's become a great part of my identity. Now what do I do? Thankfully, I get to keep my friends. I get to see them and spend time with them. That's really what's important is the people. But still, after 5 years, I can only assume that there will be a sort of emptiness in it.

BUT...this is only the beginning. As God normally does, I'm sure He'll have blessings and new adventures for me I could never have at the camp. I'm sure He'll refresh me before summer classes. I dare not limit what could be when my Lord is involved!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment